[SECC] K3LR

Jim Roberts ve7zo at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 28 19:43:06 PST 2011

Dear members,

Since becoming the President of the SECC, it has been my goal to promote our contesting community - to increase activity, acknowledge our successes and support our members in general.  The greater part of the e-mail traffic is within these bounds, however there have been occasions when e-mails clearly go outside.  I believe in the intent of the SECC as expressed within the preamble of the constitution.

While the e-mail from W4IX illustrate the frustration of being another hop away from the prime source of DX contesting success, I don't believe that this reflects poorly on Tim and the station (and team) he has built.  Indeed, to be part of the perennial top three from essentially a zone 4 location, Tim has shown what can be done with exellent engineering and team building.  Tim is also an exceptional promoter of our contesting hobby in general as evidenced by Contest U, both domestic and foreign.

In the future, please keep personal opinions out of the SECC reflector domain.  There are lots of Q's to be made, mults to be worked and records to be broken.  Let's support each others' efforts in achieving this.

vy 73,

Jim VE7ZO
President SECC