[SECC] Club Aggregate Score Competition in CQP

John T. Laney III k4bai at att.net
Tue Oct 4 05:09:13 PDT 2011

Preliminary results from 3830 via W4UCZ.  Paul, N4PN, had a fantastic
score going on Saturday, but had to drive to Mobile, AL on Sunday for
business and hasn't posted to 3830 yet.  His score will still be very
good.  73, John.

John ...
My initial computer-text-parsing tabulation of the (non-California) CQP
scores shows :
TCG with 17 reports at 819,642
CCO with 13 reports at 495,110
SECC with 7 reports at 442,748
ACG with 5 reports at 264,452
Obviously, the Volunteers turned out the, emm, volunteers and the CCO
guys mounted their
usual well-organized "We're monolithic VE3's ... ehhh" offensive.
I think I heard Paul around and he's not in the pot.  But the TCG ops
surely outnumbered us
even though our average score was 63,249 and TCG's was 48,214.
Obvious moral :  more rank-and-file grunts, like me, help.
Corollary : A few big dogs don't make a dog pack.
Post if you think it is of interest.
73, Mark