[SECC] Contest Logging

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Tue Oct 18 16:58:35 PDT 2011

Still using WRITELOG here, but I have developed a very mellow attitude
about all this.  The best logging software is the one you are most
familiar with, assuming it has most or all of the features.   K5ZD, W2SC
and I chatted about it at Dayton.  We each have thousands of hours in
front of WL and every keystroke is second nature - it would take some
major breakthrough to cause us to change.  We would need to go through
another 1,000 hour learning curve.  You have to be able to operate the
software when 99% of your cognitive thinking is shot and you are relying
purely on automaticity, if you are very serious.  For playing around it
doesn't matter.

If you are moving away from a DOS program - which I think is a very
reasonable move - then assuming you will be learning a new one from the
ground up - I would probably pick N1MM.  The features are there - the
price is right - the support is great.  WRITELOG is excellent also, but
N1MM is the leader best I can see.

73,
Hal N4GG