[SECC] CQ WW & SS

Jim Roberts ve7zo at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 27 05:04:53 PDT 2011

Well, the sunspots are hanging in there with a SFI of 132 as I write this with many stations reporting Q’s on 10 M with the far east and into VU.   We dodge a disturbance on the 25th so hopefully it will remain quiet and the somewhat lower SFI may give the southeast some advantage over our domestic competitors.  Last year’s US high on 10M was K3LR’s MM station with 482/22/77 so we are expecting a pleasant change on the high bands and extended openings on 15M and 20M.  Amazing number of expeditions planned  check out NG3K’s site.  This year should provide fun for more than just the big guns so get out there and enjoy making HA’s while the sun shines and don’t forget to send in your scores!

2010 CQ WW SSB
Congrats to KT4ZB, W4SVO and WW4LL for making the Top Box Scores.

2011 CQ WW SSB
Station Activities:  SECC Members
NQ4I:   M/M, K4BAI, AA4LR, W4SVO, VE7ZO, W4IX, K4BAI, WA1S, W4DD, N4FD and NQ4I.

WW4LL:  M/S, WW4LL, KU8E, W4DXX, K9MUG, KC4HW, KK4DAN

TI8M:   M/2, by Eddie K4UN, Bob W4BW, Keith W4KTR and Lex W4XO with a host of TI’s

PJ7:  Look for George PJ7/W4BUW and Charlie PJ7/K4UWH during the CQ WW SSB.

ARRL SS - CW and SSB:  As usual, the SS will be right on the heels of the WW.  The SECC has won the Medium Club Gavel Competition twice before and remember that both phone and CW apply.  What about 2011?  Last year we had 12 CW entries with Paul N4PN leading SO and 9 SSB entries (Fred’s M team missed the top 10 by one slot).  Please let me know your plans as they develop.

SS CW - 2010

#

Call

Score