[SECC] Allied HF Ham Bands RX Model # A-2516

Rich Arland k7sz at live.com
Fri Sep 16 21:55:33 PDT 2011

I procured one of these a couple of days ago. It is in extremely good condition. Anyone out there in Ham Radio Land ever heard of this little beastie? It is vacuum tube technology and covers 80-10M (no WARC bands). It has a really sweet vernier/slo-mo dial and weighted flywheel main tuning capacitor. Very, very smooth to tune with no backlash.

I am planning on restoring this receiver and using it in SKN this coming New Year's Eve.

Comments?

73
Rich Arland, K7SZ
Bent Dipole Ranch, Dacula, GA
"Cogito Ergo CQ" ("I think therefore I HAM")