[SECC] 2011 California QSO Party (CQP)

Kevan Nason knason00 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 17:36:53 PDT 2011

Thanks for frequency infomration John.

I can think of one more thing to ask -- what seems to be the best time to
take time off?  My guess would be around 0800 to 1200 UTC.  I don't have
great lower band antennas -- although I'm really anxious to see how the new
520 ft horizontal loop will play.  It is hard to tell which loop is
better since I couldn't do A/B comparisons.  The 520 ft does seem to have
made a pretty good difference over the 270 ft loop for the east coast and
midwest on 160 to 40 mtrs. Much quieter and the stations just seem louder.
Broader banded too. Changed the feed from coax to window line -- although it
is only a short run into the shack many books suggested that coax was evil
and to be avoided.

Kevan
N4XL