[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, NCCC NS 4/6/12

John T. Laney III k4bai at att.net
Fri Apr 6 05:26:46 PDT 2012

                     NCCC Sprint - Apr 6

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   160:   0      0
    80:  15     12
    40:  18     13
    20:  14      8
    15:
    10:
-------------------
Total:  47     33  Total Score = 1,551

FT1000MP, 100W, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee.  Bands seemed OK with a lot of QRN
before the NS started.  Very good signals from the west on 20.  A band of
thunderstorms was moving through the area.  I heard thunder in the distance
about five minutes after NS started and my XYL was monitoring the storm in case
it moved our way, but it passed us safely.  It did increase the QRN on 80
though.  I felt relatively loud tonight.  QSOs played out on 20 early and I
moved to 40 earlier than usual.  On 20, I worked only western stations in
W6/7/0 areas plus N4AF and W1NN.  Heard NO3M, but Eric didn't hear me.  40M was
good to most areas.  Most difficult QSO was with N4DW who was too close for good
skip.  Western signals were generally good, although W7WHY seemed weaker than
usual on 40 after having been very strong on 20.  Went to 80M relatively early
to work only the SO2R guys for a few minutes. Was about to change the 80M
antenna to 160 when heard N3C on 80 and stayed on 80 until the end for 3 more
QSOs and 2 more mults.  Probably did as well at the end on 80 as I could have
expected to do on 160 since there were only a few southeastern stations active
this week.  Worked K0EU and N0TA in CO on 80, but heard none of the far west
stations under the heavy QRN.  Thanks for all QSOs and look forward to the next
ladder series to begin next week.  73, John, K4BAI.

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at:http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/