[SECC] Announcement: Work the Azores and Possibly Win a Trip There

Ann Santos wa1s at ymail.com
Wed Aug 15 03:24:45 PDT 2012

Hi John,

Just to let you know I have flown SATA airlines. They began in 1990 as Ocean Air and in 1998 was renamed SATA Airlines. They fly from Europe and the US to Portugal, the Azores and Maderia. They are pretty good and serve real food :). I spent 2 weeks on Sao Miguel Island, Azores back in 2008. The island is beautiful and it's well worth it to spend at least a week there. My Mom was born there and immigrated to the US back in 1950. She had never been back until I took her there. The trip was basically for my Mom BUT I just had to get on the air so I did operate CU2/WA1S and made over 1,000 contacts operating a couple hours each night with my ICOM 7000 and Carolina Windom antenna strung up only about 20 feet off the ground. The Azores is under the CEPT agreement.

Ann WA1S