[SECC] 20M QRP Fox Hunt This Thursday Night

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Wed Aug 15 08:41:35 PDT 2012

Hello all:

This Thursday night, there will be a QRP CW Fox Hunt from 0100Z to 0230Z
Friday (Thursday night local).  Two QRP Foxes will be hiding between
14050 and 14070 kHz.  One will be TJ or Tom, W0EA in Iowa.  The other
will be K4BAI, John, in GA.

I will be using my FT1000MP at 5W as measured by the WM-2 QRP Watt
Meter. I will start out split listening up one or 1 1/2 kHz.  When I am
no longer sending "up" (after the pileup dies down), I will be listening
on my own frequency.  My antenna is a TH6DXX at 55 feet and I will be
turning it from North to West and back again trying to pick up all callers.

At about the same time last night, during the monthly NAQCC Sprint, the
conditions were excellent with strong signals from as near as OH, MO,
and TX and as far away as VT, VE3, VE5, VE7, and the US west coast as
well as Europe (G and EA worked and F heard.)

Work only the two QRP Foxes.  Limit your power to no more than 5 watts.
The exchange is:  RST, SPC, Name, Power.

In case you don't know all about the QRP Fox Hunts that are run on 20M
in the summer time and on 40 and 80M in the other seasons, do an
internet search for "QRP Fox Hunt" and read all about them and the
summer schedule on the home page. There is also an active reflector for
the foxes and hounds.

Join in the fun!

Hope to see many of you at the Huntsville Hamfest this weekend.

73, John, K4BAI.