[SECC] CWOpen and Team Competition

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Wed Aug 15 11:34:35 PDT 2012

Hello all:

I have previously sent out an announcement for the annual (second
annual) CWOpen contest sponsored by the CWOps Club. These are three
different four hour contests on September 1 (going into September 2 in
the wee AM hours UTC) the Saturday before Labor Day.

There is a team competition for teams with members of at least two and
not more than ten members.  For team score purposes, the combined scores
from all three separate contests (or as many of the separate contests as
a team member enters) count, so the most successful team will probably
have on it mostly team members who will try to operate all three sessions.

Teams must be registered before the contest and I will be glad to
register SECC teams.  I will try to operate full time all three
sessions.  But, we will accept part time entrants and entrants who
cannot operate all three sessions for our team(s).  Please review the
rules at www.cwops.org/cwopen.html and let me know if you will be on a
SECC team.  There is no geographical restriction and anyone could be on
our team(s), so feel free to ask your friends to join us even if they
are not members of SECC.

I will register the teams by the Friday before September 1, so please
let me know ASAP if you can participate or if you have friends who will
participate.

Thanks and 73, John, K4BAI.

P.S.  We now have one full team for NAQP SSB this Saturday consisting at
this time of W4SVO, K4NV, N4XL, KT4ZB, and W4MJA.  I will be glad if we
can have other teams, too, but please let me know ASAP.

Hope you RTTY ops can get on and encourage the Rookie RTTY ops in the
ARRL Rookie Round Up on Sunday.  This will be after the SARTG RTTY
Contest is over.