[SECC] Summer accomplishments

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Sun Aug 26 17:12:18 EDT 2012

On Aug 22, 2012, at 11:53 AM, Rick Dougherty NQ4I <nq4i at contesting.com> wrote:

> I look forward to hearing from other SECC'ers as to their progress and improvements thay have made to their stations this summer...off contest season is and has always been the time to re-build, and build something bigger andd better…

Well, not much has happened at the Gwinnett QTH. I'm looking to improve the antenna situation here in Floyd County. Right now, I just have the R7000 3m high, as well as an 80/40m dipole 3-5m high.

Plans are for two wire antennas: a trap dipole for 80/40/20m (and maybe 15m -- working on the models) to replace the 80/40m dipole, much higher -- about 10m in the trees; and an 160/80m trap inverted L.

Other projects for the fall would be a 20/17/15m moxon suspended from the trees, pointed at Europe.

My goal is to work on DXCC countries on 80/160m, as well as play some in domestic contests. It's not going be a super-competitive location without any towers, but should be good for some fun.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901