[SECC] Announcement: Two QRPARCI Contests This Month

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Jan 3 10:36:00 PST 2012

So, 2012 is here and two events during this month that are sponsored by
QRP ARCI:

First off is the 2012 QRP ARCI PET ROCK CELEBRATION this coming
Saturday, 7 January, 2012 from 1500Z to 1800Z on 7 January 2012.  Mode
of operation is CW and the exchange is:  Members send:  RST,
State/Province/Country, ARCI member number while Non-Members send:  RST,
State/Province/Country, Power Out

Dust off those xtal-controlled rigs and get in on this neat, fun event.
  There are bonus points for xtal-controlled rigs so visit
www.qrparci.org and click on the "QRP ARCI contest" link on the left to
see the rules.  If you're going to enter this event, or even if you
aren't and are just "cruising around on the bands," please remember to
visit the additional frequencies where rock-bound enthusiasts are
hanging out these days, e.g., 7100 to 7125, as they sure would
appreciate getting a chance to show off their rigs as well as gain
experience via QSOs with us all!

Second is the 2012 QRP ARCI Winter Fireside SSB Sprint that is scheduled
for the 29th of January, 2012 from 2000Z to 2359Z.  Mode of operation is
SSB (I believe I have a microphone around here somewhere) and the
exchange, for members is RS, State/Province/Country, ARCI member number
while non-members send RS,
State/Province/Country, Power Out

Again, check the contest link at the web site for the "particulars" as
there is a nice bonus point addition for operating portable!  I'll be
certain to wash my throat out with SOMETHING so I can join in the fun!

72, Jim Rodenkirch, K9JWV
QRP ARCI Contest Manager

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:

     * New Members 5

Visit Your Group
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on -
Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.
Yahoo! Groups
.