[SECC] KB4KBS: North American QSO Party, CW - January

Scott Straw scottstraw at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 17 02:33:53 PST 2012

North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KB4KBS
Operator(s): KB4KBS
Station: KB4KBS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GEORGIA
Operating Time (hrs): 30MIN

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  13
   10:
-------------------
Total:  13     7  Total Score = 91

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #4

Comments:

I didn't plan to operate full time but found out on Thursday that my son and DIL
were coming in for the weekend so even my short window got really compressed.  I
found thirty minutes while everyone was otherwise occupied to get on the radio
and do some S&P.

I will proudly say that these QSOs were decoded by ear and sent by hand - my
N1MM program wasn't sending CW and I didn't have time to try and fix it.

I was disappointed that N5RZ, "Gator", was in TX, not LA, but all in all I
enjoyed the challenge of going "primitive" for this contest.

I hope my 13 Qs help.

Scott, KB4KBS

Kenwood TS-450SAT
MFJ 407B