[SECC] Fwd: NAQP SSB N4XL Single Op LP

Kevan Nason knason00 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 13:27:47 PST 2012

Well, after reading other comments I see I wasn't only one Murphy visited.
Makes me feel less lonely.  I actually walked throught the house smiling
just before the contest.  I was the best prepared I had ever been and was
happy.

Started good.  Then thunderstorms caused a power glitch shutting down
the station.  Decided to wait it out and just as it passed had a phone call
from the son who needed help that couldn't wait.  So off we went.  Got
back and another round of thunderstorms.  Oh well.  3/4 of the way through
the contest I noticed after the power glitch the computer was now logging
contests as 4 a.m in August of 2004.  Now I have to retime and date
several hundred QSO's before submitting the log. Then tried the K9AY
loop and only worked SW and NE.  Found the son had ran over it with the
lawn mower and chopped the wire.  I almost regretted helping him
earlier!

Despite that, had some great runs.  First time I've logged over 100 per
hour and several times the rate meter stayed 180 to 240 per hour for
20 to 30 minutes.

Ended up enjoying myself.  Only wish could have spent more time in
the day on 10, 15, and 20 where my antenna is stronger.

Kevan
N4XL