[SECC] Fw: IARU N2IC(@W4SVO) M/S HP

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Sun Jul 15 06:28:32 PDT 2012

Outstanding!

N4GG

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: "webform at b41h.net" <webform at b41h.net>
To: 3830 at contesting.com; w4svo at att.net
Sent: Sun, July 15, 2012 9:23:53 AM
Subject: IARU N2IC(@W4SVO) M/S HP

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC, W4SVO
Station: W4SVO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: SFL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    30    0      4        2
  80:    56    47    14      24
  40:  515  163    32      39
  20:  506  459    30      42
  15:  491  244    31      31
  10:    50    77    13        5
-------------------------------------
Total:  1648  990    124      143  Total Score = 2,252,946

Club:

Comments:

Wow! I spent 9 days getting everything ready. I had to crank down tower,
take
KT-36XA off mast. Had to replace rotor, coax, mast, cable and winch. I added
5 foot section to top of tower. Built a 50' homemade 40 mtr rotatable
dipole.
Then put it all back up. Also built a 10/15 meter 7 el. beam. On Thursday as
cranked up tower the cable snap dued to my error, not installing cable
right.
Panic attack!!!. Steve N2IC came over Friday and helped me get it all back.
Two
weeks before contest, Steve emails me and tells me he is going to be in West
Palm Beach, taking care of his mom who is sick. He wants to operate with me
as
a M/S. Wow, I have one of the best CW and Contestors in the country wanting
operate with me? Anyway we had a blast. I did phone mostly and he did cw. I
never thought that this station could do so well. I just want everyone to
know
that without Steve's help I would not have even been doing this. 73's Mark
W4SVO

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/