[SECC] ARRLDX SSB K7SZ

Rich Arland k7sz at live.com
Sun Mar 4 19:33:10 PST 2012

Spent approximately 5 hrs in the contest:

OP: K7SZ
Rig: K3
Ant: Wire/A3S @ 25 ft
Entry: SOAB
PWR: 99W
Qs:  112
Mults: 67
Score: 22512

After this contest it has come to my attention that about 98% of the 3rd world uses kilowatt amps!! Food for thought!! (No, Mikey....I'm not going for the Elecraft Linear!!)
10/15M were the money makers this time. 20 was tough even with 100W and inefficient antennas. 40M was a TOTAL ZOO!! 80M was "different"....it was all I could do to stay away from the "My New Aches and Pains but I have my New Medication" nets (do they still call these the "Old Foggie Nets?"). Can't load anything on 160 at present.

Vy 73 es Gud DX

Rich Arland, K7SZ
"Cogito Ergo CQ!" ("I think therefore I HAM!" w/apologies to Rene Descartes 1596-1650)
Columnist: "The Learning Curve" CQ Magazine
Columnist: "QRP Power" QST Magazine (Jan 2000 to Dec 2003)
Author: "The ARRL's Low Power Communications, The Art and Science of QRP" (all 4 editions)

Political understatement of the decade: "The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those people who vote for a living!" (de: Dr Jack Wheeler)