[SECC] FW: ARRLDX SSB KU8E SOAB HP

Kevan Nason knason00 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 04:40:37 PST 2012

Good score Jeff.

I hate the long gaps in stations giving their call too.  I enjoy the
challenge of being unassisted and hunting, but beginning to feel like
the Geico neanderthal man.

Assisted takes some of the thrill out of hunting for me. Personally I
enjoy stumbling across a weak African that is calling as I tune the
dial much more than having a new multiplier color and call pop up on
the screen. I feel the same about skimmer and without using those aids
I don't see how you can be competitive in CW.  I started back into CW
contesting, but the advantage given by spotting and skimmer just seems
too much to overcome so my personal fun factor is lower and I don't
care as much.  Sad, because I used to love CW operations.

Get some antenna's Jeff.  You've been writing about wires in the trees
too long. Of course I keep saying I should get a new radio too, but
other priorities do have a way of cramping ones style.

Kevan
N4XL