[SECC] Georgia QSO Party coming up April 14-15

Chaz Cone chaz at chazcone.com
Fri Mar 30 08:00:35 PDT 2012

The 2012 GQP is only two weeks away.  Go to www.georgiaqsoparty.org and read all about it; I don't know about you, but I frequently forget important elements of upcoming contests.  Be sure to look at the rules.

In our quest to cover all 159 Georgia counties, we're still a few short.  Look at "How you can help/2012 County coverage and see if you can help in the "grey" counties.

And now a pitch for my free GQP-only logging program, GQPLog.  It can only be used by Georgia stations and it runs on all versions of Windows except the 64-bit version of Windows 7.  It's free and has been used by GQP-ers since 2007.  Go to www.w4gkf.com/gqp and download it (and its manual) and practice for a few minutes BEFORE 2pm on Saturday April 14th; it's free.

If you have 64-bit Windows 7, you can install the (free) Windows XP virtual PC so you can run GQPLog and other programs that don't work well in the 64-bit version of Windows 7.  This lets you run a Windows XP machine in a window on 64-bit Windows 7.  Very useful.  You can get it by clicking HERE.

I hope you'll enjoy using GQPLog; did I mention it's free?

Chaz W4GKF