[SECC] GA QSO Party Operating Bands

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Thu Apr 11 16:44:06 EDT 2013

Hello all:  Jerry, N4JF, has reminded me to remind the GA stations,
fixed and rovers, that hams in near by states will have difficulty
working GA on 20M and above due to the skip zone and will be looking for
GA stations on 40M during the day.  So, in each county, it would be good
if everyone could operate some on 40M to give hams in nearby states a
chance to work us even when band conditions are good on the high bands.

I usually try to work 40 and 20M, at least, in every county. Sometimes
is is hard, particularly if you have only one antenna and have to stop
the car to change a resonator.  I usually can't stop on an Interstate to
do that, but we can pull off at an exit and change the resonator in a
parking lot.

73, John, K4BAI.