[SECC] W4AN/M Claimed Score, 2013 Georgia QSO Party

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Apr 16 17:39:29 EDT 2013

                     Georgia QSO Party

Call: W4AN/M
Operator(s): K4BAI K4ETY K6GIS
Station: K4ETY/M

Class: Rover Multi-OpMixed LP
QTH: 21 GA counties
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   160:      0        0
    80:      1        0
    40:    655       13
    20:    307       50
    15:      0        0
    10:      0        0
     6:      0        0
------------------------
Total:    963       63  CW-Dig Mults = 47  Ph Mults = 29  Total Score = 151,164

Club: Columbus Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Three members of Columbus Amateur Radio Club used the SECC club call W4AN/M.  We
had a SSB station in the front seat with driver and navigator and a CW station
in the back seat.  Each station ran 100W.  The SSB station had a screwdriver on
the back bumper and the CW station had a Hustler mast and resonators on the
front bumper.  We had a DX Engineering top hat on the Hustler resonator for 20M
only.  We didn't get set up in time to get computer logging working before the
contest, so I logged on paper and sent CW with a MFJ memory keyer and the guys
on SSB logged in excel and I incorporated their QSOs into my Cabrillo file
after I created a CW log postcontest in the NA logging program.  Everything
seemed to work OK on 20 and 40.  The one time I tried 80 CW, W4IZT could hardly
hear me and signals didn't seem strong, so there was only one QSO on that band.
We worked a good bit of DX on 20 on CW and SSB and on 40 CW after about 2200Z.
The SSB station had a hard time hearing callers due to QRM from the CW station.
The CW station heard very little QRM from the SSB station. We had a similar set
up last year and made no SSB QSOs, so this year was a big improvement in that
regard.  Unfortunately, we were able to be QRV only on Saturday due to other
commitments on Sunday.  Many thanks for all QSOs and your continued support for
GQP.  Good luck to all and don't forget to send in your logs no matter how large
or small.  73, John, K4BAI.

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at:http://www.3830scores.com/