[SECC] One additional Contest For Sunday

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Thu Aug 8 16:38:03 EDT 2013

I realized when I read this week's ARRL newsletter that I hadn't listed
one QRP contest that takes place Sunday.  It is the NJ QRP Club Skeeter
Hunt.  It runs Sunday afternoon 1700 to 2100Z on the usual QRP
frequencies CW and phone, 80-10M.  They also suggest additional
frequencies on 40M of 7114 to 7122 kHz.  Maximum power for CW is 5W and
for SSB is 10W.  You may obtain a Skeeter # from W2LJ. Bonus points for
portable operation and for home built or kit built equipment that you
built more than 1/2 of yourself.  Exchange is:  RS(T), SPC, and Skeeter
# or power output.  Suggested calls:  "CQ QRP" or "CQ BZZ."

Hope to see some of you at the Columbus Amateur Radio Club meeting tonight.

73, John, K4BAI.