[SECC] Announcement: CWT s Wednesday

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Sun Aug 11 22:49:27 EDT 2013

Records were broken three weeks ago. N4AF got yet another CWT Hat Trick.
Howie also set a new all-time CWT score of 10,881 in the 0300Z session:
117 Qs x 93 multipliers. Bravo Howie. N6RO set a new all-time CWT QSO
count of 135 QSOs. Bravo Ken.

I've been remiss in acknowledging Low-Power Hat Tricks. The first was by
N5AW way back in June 2011, with a second in July 2011, and a third in
June 2013. Wow! The second operator to LP Hat Trick was NW2K in April
2013. WJ9B completed the first-three-to LP Hat Trick three weeks ago.
Bravo Marv, Dean, and Will. We are sending you CWops hats.

We still have two HP and three LP Hat Trick hats ready to send. Who will
be the proud recipients?

This week there will be three fun one-hour sessions.
http://www.cwops.org/cwt.html . Everyone welcome--you don't have to be a
CWops member to join the fun.

I continue to record all my CWT QSOs over all three sessions. If you
would like to hear your signal at W6SX, email me, and I'll send you
short MP3 files of our contacts.

Ten meters rally, 28.028 at 1930Z.

Fifteen was open to the east coast for me at 0300Z last time--lots more
propagation than stations. I worked 23 station before I switched to
twenty at 0311Z. I'll start on fifteen again this time. Give fifteen a
try at 0300Z.

Please note that lots of logging software supports our CWops Tests. See
http://www.cwops.org/software.html . Thank you logging software authors
and teams.

Lots of Qs or just a few, please report your results at
http://www.3830scores.com/ .

The first rule of CW is to have fun and to share the fun.

CW Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

CWops Tests Manager

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light