[SECC] [SEDXC] CW Open

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Aug 27 15:21:43 EDT 2013

The complete rules for CW Open can be found here:

http://cwops.org/cwopen.html.

There are three sessions, each of which is like a new contest each
session.  Saturday UTC.  0000-0359Z (which is 8 to 11:59 PM Friday local
time).  1200-1559Z Saturday, which is 8 to 1159 AM Saturday EDT.
2000-2359Z Saturday, which is 4 to 7:59 PM EDT.  So it appears that
Charles' conflict would only affect 1 1/2 hours of the first session. Or
maybe one hour of the third session, depending on which night the
conflict exists for.

Exchange is serial # (start with 001 for each session) + name.
Multiplier is the number of unique stations worked (you may work each
station once each session on each band 160, 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10M CW).
  You compute your score separately for each session and then add the
three session scores together to get your final score.  The webpage
explains how to handle the three separate logs.

There is a team competition and teams of two to ten members may be
registered before the contest.  I am registering team(s) for SECC. So
far, I have K4BAI, W4UX, and W4IX.  I'd love to have a full team or even
more.  So, if anyone can be on a team for SECC (you don't have to be a
member or live within any geographical area), please e-mail me with your
call, your expected power level (HP, LP, QRP) and whether you will try
to full time or part time.  I will register teams before the start
Friday night and will send a confirmation to each team member.

73, John, K4BAI.