[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests; This Week's Contests

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Wed Dec 25 10:19:18 EST 2013

Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests:

1.  NCCC NS CW Sprint Practice, 12/20/13
K4BAI  35  23  805  SO LP  0.5  GA  SECC
K0EJ   24  19  456  SO LP  ___  TN  TCG

2.  OK DX RTTY Contest
Call   QSO  DX  OK  Score   Category  Time  St  Club
W5EW   247  56  12  32,776  SO AB LP  12.6  LA
K4HAL  133  27   2   7,424  SO AB HP   4    AL  ACG
KM4JA   62  22   4   3,900  SO AB LP   _    AL  ACG

3.  Croatian (9A) CW Contest
K4BAI  244  97  98,843  SO AB HP  7:23  GA  SECC
N4GG    70  22   9,504  SO AB HP  ____  GA  SECC

4.  ARRL Rookie Round Up, CW
K4BAI   26  17  884  Non Rookie LP  4:46  GA  SECC
WN4AFP  10           Non Rookie LP  ____  SC  SECC
K4LJG                Rookie               GA
KK4BNC               Rookie     LP        GA

5.  CWOps CWT Mini Test, 12/25/13, 1300Z
K4BAI  66  49  3,234  SO HP  0:53  GA  SECC

This Week's Contests:

1.  CWOps Club CWT Mini Tests.  Wednesday local date.  1900Z and 0300Z
Thursday.  Two more one-hour mini tests.  160-10M CW. Exchange:  Name +
CWOps# or SPC.  Look around 028-038 kHz plus 1815 kHz.

2.  No Thursday night QRP Fox Hunts this week.

2.  NCCC NS CW Sprint Practice.  45 minutes this week. Thursday night
local, 0215-0259Z Thursday.  20, 40, 80, 160 M CW.  Power limit:  100W.
One kHz QSY rule.  This week only, one duplicate QSO can be made per
band with each station after one intervening QSO. Exchange:  both calls,
#, name, SPC.
The ladder series resumes next week.  Look around 040 kHz plus 1815 khz.

3.  RAC (Radio Amateurs of Canada) Winter Contest.  24 hours of Saturday
UTC.  160-2M CW, Phone.  Exchange:  RS(T) + serial # or VE
Province/territory.  This is a fun contest with a lot of activity,
particularly on CW. Extra points for QSOs with Canadian stations with
"RAC" in the suffix.

4.  World Wide Iron Ham Contest.  12Z Sat to 1159Z Sun.  80010M CW,
Phone, RTTY.  8 hours per mode in periods no shorter than one hour
each.  Exchange: RS(T) + CQ Zone.  This one rewards ability to work all
three modes.

5.  Original QRP Contest.  15Z Sat to 15Z Sun.  80, 40, 20M CW.  15
hours maximum time.  Exchange:  RST + Serial #/power level.  Power
levels are: VLP (1W max); QRP (5W max); MP (20W max).

6.  Stew Perry Top Band Distance Contest. 160M CW.  Exchange:  4
character grid square.  15Z Sat to 15Z Sun.  Maximum of 14 hours. This
is a fun contest and the scoring rewards working distant grid squares
and copying QRP and LP signals.

7.  RAEM Contest.  0000-1159Z Sun.  80-10M CW.  Exchange:  Serial # and
latitude degrees and longitude degrees.  N = north; S = south; w = west;
o = east.  Usually a lot of Russian and east European activity in this
one that honors one of the ham heroes of the former Soviet Union.  A lot
of "110RAEM" stations with various prefixes should be QRV in this one as
they have most of this month.  I have an original QSL for a QSO with
RAEM back in the 50s or 60s.

8.  QRP Fox Hunt.  Tuesday night local on 40M.  0200-0330Z Wednesday.
Two QRP Foxes will be hiding between 7030 and 7050 kHz. Exchange:  RST,
SPC, Name, Power.  Work only the two foxes who are scheduled to be NK6A,
DON, CA and W2LJ, LARRY, NJ.

Hope everyone has a nice Christmas and weekend with a lot of time for
QSOs on the air.  Happy New Year to all.  Remember ARRL Straight Key
night next week.  I'll include a reminder next week, but it runs all New
Year's Day and activity with straight keys and bugs is encouraged.

Also, remember we will have North American QSO Parties in January.
Please let me know if you want to be on a SECC team for CW, SSB, and/or
RTTY.  I'll remind us of the dates next week.

73, John, K4BAI.