[SECC] Results 2013 TN QSO Party

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Sun Dec 29 19:25:34 EST 2013

Hello all:

In September, the annual Tennessee QSO Party was held.  There is an out
of state club competition that SECC entered.  SECC has the all-time
record for out-of-state club aggregate scores.  That was set in 2011.
On Saturday, I received a nice package from TN QSO Party Director,
W9WI.  Again, our SECC team, this year consisting of K4BAI, KU8E, NN4K,
and KD4QMY came in first.  For that we will receive a plaque.  My memory
isn't perfect, so I am asking George if he doesn't have the plaque from
2011.  If so, I will ask if some other member of this year's team wants
custody of the 2013 club plaque.  If it hasn't been shipped yet, we may
be able to change the shipping address or I can mail it on to you if it
comes to me as it did a few years ago.

K4BAI had the high out of state mixed mode score and also won a plaque.
KU8E was second to VE7CV in low power mixed mode.

To give some context to the club competition award, there were 15 clubs
listed.  The ACG team came in sixth, but would have been higher if
N4JF's score had been included.  I'd guess that he didn't put his club
in the Cabrillo header of his log.

A  suggestion here, I always put my club name in the header even when
there is no club aggregate score award.  The same for 3830 submissions.
It is just good advertising.

Happy New Year to all.

73, John, K4BAI
President, SECC