[SECC] NF4GA - CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest (op: KB4KBS)

Scott Straw scottstraw at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 10 23:01:55 EST 2013

CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: NF4GA
Operator(s): KB4KBS
Station: KB4KBS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: GEORGIA
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
   80:    0
   40:  163
   20:  141
   15:  100
   10:    0
------------

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

**Thank you to the North Fulton Amateur Radio League, and call sign trustee W4AX
for use of the club's call sign, NF4GA during this contest.**

Due to personal situations, this was my first extended visit to my "shack"
since before Christmas.  I had a great experience, and I am glad to be back in
front of the radio again.

Although I was logged as operating for 18 hours, there were lots of gaps in
that time where I had to leave the radio to take care of errands and tend to
family matters.  The run rate of 22 Qs per hour is probably a little low - over
half of the contacts came in 9 different runs of 10+ Qs, including a fabulous
20M run of 64 entries in 80 minutes.

Although I'm sure I could have done better, I feel like I'm close to pushing
the capabilities of my meager station to its limits.  In order to improve, I
will have to make serious upgrades.  As always, the biggest challenge is
staying seated in front of the radio so the best upgrade would be to move the
station to an undisclosed bunker where distractions would be minimized.

What about creating an overlay category for SINGLE MULTI-BAND DIPOLE?

Gear:
Yaesu 450D
100W
SignaLink USB
G5RV at 30'
N1MM w/ FLDIGI

Thanks to all for the contacts, especially ZL1G and VK4UC - the highlight of my
Sunday afternoon!

Scott
KB4KBS

Scott Straw, KB4KBS