[SECC] Announcement: CWOps CWT Mini Tests Wednesday

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Mon Feb 25 08:00:48 EST 2013

Midweek CWops Test fun returns this week.
<http://www.cwops.org/cwt.html>http://www.cwops.org/cwt.html

CWops promotes and encourages CW. Our CW Academy is hugely popular with
more applicants than open spots. See
<http://www.cwops.org/cwacademy.html>http://www.cwops.org/cwacademy.html

This week we have a treat. CW Academy students NV9L, KB0QPM and W3ZV
will be trying CWT for the first time. They will be S&Ping and calling
CQ CWA. Please look for them, slow down if necessary, and give them a
friendly welcome to CWops Tests. They are our CW future.

A CWops Test Hat Trick* means winning all three sessions on a single
Wednesday/Thursday. So far, the only one to do it is Howie, N4AF who has
done it twice.

Who will be the next to Hat Trick? Will Howie win all three sessions
again and have a Hat Trick Hat Trick?

To honor N4AF, we are sending him a CWops hat,
<http://www.cafepress.com/cwops.428797852>http://www.cafepress.com/cwops.428797852
.

We have four more CWops hats ready for the next four ops to Hat Trick.
Who's it going to be? (Must be CWops member to receive hat.)

* hat trick, noun. 1. Cricket. the knocking off by one bowler of three
wickets with three successive pitches: so called because formerly such a
bowler was rewarded with a hat. 2. Ice Hockey, Soccer. three goals or
points scored by one player in one game.

CWT participation has been up the last month. I'm looking forward to
working everybody this Wednesday/Thursday.

The first rule of CW is to have fun and to share the fun.

CW Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light