[SECC] NAQP CW AA4GA Single Op QRP

Lee Hiers lee.hiers at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 06:57:12 EST 2013

North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: AA4GA
Class: Single Op QRP
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:    3     2
   80:   76    33
   40:   59    24
   20:   36    16
   15:   19    11
   10:    7     4
-------------------
Total:  200    90  Total Score = 18,000

Club: South East Contest Club
Team: Team KX3

Comments:

Sorry I missed the first couple of hours and undoubtedly some good condx on
10 and 15.  I was over in the metro ATL area attending Techfest and making
an HRO and grocery run, so didn't get started until about 4pm.  Condx
seemed really good...I started fading about 9pm, and was pretty ineffective
after that, and found myself dozing while hitting the F4 key on a couple
guys, so I decided to bag it early.  Mostly S&P, although I was able to
make some short runs.  The 100 watt limit helps the QRP guys!  Rate meter
hit a high of 114 I think...obviously for a short burst!

Thanks to N8XX for putting together all the QRP teams...out of 18
other stations on our group of teams, I heard zero!  Such is the nature of
QRP I suppose!

KX3 at 5 watts to 80m doublet sloping from 45' to 10'.  Gotta work on that!

Fun!
--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
www.aa4ga.com

Submit your totals to the unofficial QRP DXCC standings - go to *
http://www.aa4ga.com/p/qrp-dxcc.html* for more info!