[SECC] FW: NAQP SSB W4DD Single Op LP

Jeff (W4DD) w4dd at arrl.net
Sun Jan 20 10:01:34 EST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: webform at b41h.net [mailto:webform at b41h.net]
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:25 AM
To: 3830 at contesting.com; w4dd at arrl.net
Subject: NAQP SSB W4DD Single Op LP

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W4DD
Operator(s): W4DD
Station: W4DD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   26    14
   80:  101    29
   40:  130    34
   20:  127    38
   15:  110    24
   10:   68    13
-------------------
Total:  562   152  Total Score = 85,424

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #2

Comments:

Short of my goal of 600, but low bands were not as productive as expected,
mostly due to power line noise.
10 and 15M were long during the contest with few NE Multipliers.  Best runs
seemed to be when 10 and 15 were starting to close.  20M was productive but
lots of QRM.
Had a good run on 40M until the broadcast station on my freq decided to
power up.  Can't complete with that.
Definitely need to get the power line noise fixed.  The power company fixed
several spots a couple of weeks ago but actually ended up making it worse.
Without a directional antenna on 40, 80, and 160 the sputtering keeps the S
meter well off the low end of the scale.

10-15-20: A-4 Tribander at 75 FT
40 and 80M:  Inv Vees at 65 FT
160M: Shunt Fed Tower

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/