[SECC] Tower for sale---Universal Aluminum Tilt-up Free standing

Tad Williamson tadwf4w at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 08:48:40 EDT 2013

I've decided to go in a different direction for a tower at Whippoorwill
Ridge, out here in the woods.

I have 90' of aluminum tower.  The top two sections were cut apart(wrong)
and will not go back together.  So really there is 70' of usable tower plus
a couple of sections that could be used but would need welding and/or
sleeves.

This is not a tower that will handle a lot of hardware/antenna on top.  As
near as I can tell from the dimensions, at 90', it was designed to handle
about 2 SQ Ft of antenna (based on specs of a similar sized tower on
Universal's webpage).  I would guess it would handle more at 70'

It has a heavy, 3 sided metal base that needs to be buried (it is not in
the ground now).  It's a little rusty but in good shape.

It would make a great tower for VHF/UHF antennas, at shunt-fed tower for
lower bands or a skyhook for wire antennas.  If i don't sell it, I'm
probably going to put it up with a 6 meter quad on it.

The sections are in good shape with one repair/weld at the bottom of one of
the sections, but it doesn't look like it would affect it.  I started
cleaning it up and mating sections last year but never finished getting all
the sections mated.  Some of them will need a little armstrong and elbow
grease to get them to mate completely.

The base is in Marietta and the sections are over here in Hillsboro.

I can deliver them if it's not too far away.

$500  obro

Tad, WF4W

--

"What a long, strange trip it's been"