[SECC] Club Officers

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Mon Jul 15 14:12:24 EDT 2013

Hello all:

Eleven members participated in the voting process and the result was a
unanimous endorsement of the slate proposed by the nominating committee.
  So, these will be the SECC officers for the period August 1, 2013
through July 31, 2014.

President:  K4BAI
Vice President:  VE7ZO
Secretary:  N3ZL
Treasurer:  W4MJA.

The officers discuss club business by e-mail.  Please bring any matter
to the attention of a club officer that the officers or membership
should consider.

I have no desire to be president of SECC for life.  It was formed in the
1990s by W4AN and, before last year, I was president only tice for parts
of years.  Once was when the president (Mike, but I forgot his call
here...he was next W7OT and then transferred to New England where he has
a W1 call) was transferred out of the state shortly after being elected
(and shortly after erecting a new contest station in GA).  The other was
when the president resigned after a few months in office.  I was vice
president each time and took over since the by-laws provide for that.  I
think the by-laws allow for a special election, but we didn't know of
anyone who wanted the job.

So, this is to appeal to the SECC membership for to seek or accept a
nomination for an officer position for the 2014-2015 year.

Also, if anyone is in a position to host an in-person gathering at your
QTH or at a nearby gathering place, please let me know as some of the
members would like an opportunity to meet in person.  In that regard, I
encourage everyone who can to attend the W4DXCC gathering (formerly
SEDCO) in Pigeon Forge, TN the last weekend in September.  I will be
unable to attend again this year due to a conflict with the meeting in
Macon of the Board of Visitors of the Mercer University Law School.

I will, however, be at the Huntsville hamfest the third weekend in
August, August 16-18.  There will be a contest hospitality room at the
convention hotel (Holiday Inn) on Friday night and SECC is paying some
of the expenses for that.  ACG will host a contest forum on Saturday or
Sunday, but I don't have the details yet.  ACG also usually has a
contest dinner there on Saturday night, but I haven't heard about one
for this year.  I'll pass along any contest-related announcements about
Huntsville, but it a very nice hamfest in a top-notch facility with a
lot of dealer involvement.  The biggest down side is that the NCJ NAQP
SSB is the same weekend.  Speking of NAQPs, I am still taking calls for
SECC team(s) for NAQP RTTY this coming Saturday and we will also be
getting up SECC teams for NAQP CW and NAQP SSB.  Please let me know ASAP
if you want to be on a team for any of the three.

73, John, K4BAI.