[SECC] My CB Radio, Radio Ready

Courtney Judd k4wi at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 23 18:52:25 EDT 2013

as you all know I drive a big truck for a living and a CB radio is a
must for talking with any stone quarry, sand pit, asphalt plant and the
guy running the loader. This has been a very good radio except for two
final amp failures. First was due to broken antenna which I was not
aware of and the resultant SWR took out the finals I believe. The second
time i am not sure of but while everything going to my ham shack is
dis-connected during storms, the truck remains hooked up... maybe I
should start unhooking them too? Anyway, below is the response from the
company that I purchased this radio from and the repairs done to it. I
am not sure what the heck they are talking about here: modified sine
wave, any ideas or comments? 73's Cort K4WI

Thank you for sending in your RCI 2970N2. Please read through this
entire email as it contains valuble infomation through out. We have had
a policy change on payments for repairs as well this email is current.

We rec'd your radio and it is now fixed.

We are really unsure of what causes your radio to have failures. These
units are a modified sine wave. Testing them or having them on a inline
meter with a full redesigned RF deck can cause failures to the amp deck.
Your meters are NOT able to read this type of non type compliant unit
with any degree of accuracy. These units AREN'T like your pure sine wave
ham equipment and unlike other modified sine wave mobiles since its a
reengineered unit. If you are using a "watt" meter on a unit like this
its simply going to continue to happen. If your driving it into a amp
then your amps input maybe of the wrong impedance.

Your radio is working 100% correctly.

Your total bill WITH shipping back to 36786 is $289.41 This price
includes parts and labor rebuilding your RF amp deck.

> >>Payment can ONLY be made by certified check or money order (USPS money
order is best) We make no exceptions for repair dept payments<<<

"Payable" to:
"RadioActive Radio"
Attn: Judd, 2970N2
PO Box 10774
Casa Grande, AZ 85130

Unit will ship when payment clears, usually within 1-3 business days.
Please pay within 14 business days, or unit maybe sold for unpaid
invoice. Thank you greatly!