[SECC] FW: ARRLDX SSB W4DD SOSB/80 HP

Jeff (W4DD) w4dd at arrl.net
Sun Mar 3 19:38:02 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4DD
Operator(s): W4DD
Station: W4DD

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:  109    53
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  109    53  Total Score = 17,172

Orion 1, Henry 2K Classic (thanks NQ4I), Inv Vee at 70ft, K9AY Rx Loop

Rx ant didn't seem to work too well Friday night.  Some checking on Saturday
revealed the squirrels had chewed through one of the relay control lines.
Did temp repairs and worked better Saturday night.
Did almost all S&P.  Had no trouble working everything I could hear.  Tried
to run a couple of times but no luck.  Need to figure out a way to improve
the Rx antenna and maybe get a some gain to the NE for a Tx antenna.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/