[SECC] Windows 7

Courtney Judd K4WI k4wi at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 4 13:06:39 EST 2013

ok guys, I need some serious advice. I took my new computer off line and put
the old XP machine back in to get thru the Contest this past weekend. Now I
am ready to put the new machine back in and get it to playing with Windows 7
and the rig. I have FT2000D, microHam microkeyer2, latest version of
Writelog, latest version of microHam router and 4.2 gig computer with Win 7
as the OS. I installed Dx4win, MMTTY and microHam router in C: but Writelog
went under C:programs. I downloaded and printed out everything pertaining to
Win 7 from Writelog Help files and microHam latest manual.

I guess my biggest question after reading all this is do I HAVE to have two
sound boards installed or can I just get away with the on board sound from
the mother board. I only use one radio so don't need stereo. I would
appreciate any and all advice to get me up and running with this new system.
I felt I just didn't have the time to get comfortable getting it sorted out
before the last week's contest. Thanks, Cort K4WI