[SECC] Announcement: NAQCC SK/Bug Sprint Wednesday Night

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Sat May 4 18:34:58 EDT 2013

NAQCC Sprint Wednesday night!

Last May we had one of only two sprints with under 100 logs submitted in the past three years. That was due to many members heading off to the Dayton Hamfest. So this year to avoid that, we are having our May sprint the week before Dayton as we hope to continue our long run of 100+ logs sprints to show the ham radio world CW is alive and well - and actually growing. That means our May sprint will be on a second Wednesday instead of a third Wednesday.

Our May sprint is this coming Wednesday evening local time (May 8, EDT - 8:30-10:30PM, CDT - 7:30-9:30PM, MDT - 6:30-8:30PM, PDT - 5:30-7:30PM), which translates as Thursday May 9, 0030Z to 0230Z in all cases.

I will refer you to the proper URL:

http://naqcc.info/sprint201305.html

There you will find all the details as to time, frequencies and other important information.

Certificates: SWA (simple wire antennas) certificates by call area, VE and DX for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers (New!).  A Certificate for top score in the GAIN antenna category.

Prizes:  Too many to list!! - check out the prize page on our website.

This is a monthly event that caters to the CW veteran, the CW newcomer, straight key and bug fans.  All are welcome to participate (this includes QRO); but you must use QRP power levels to compete for awards.

If you've been hesitant to join in our sprints because you hear other sprints running at breakneck speeds, have no fear. Our sprints are geared to the newcomer to CW and/or contesting. Virtually everyone including the many veteran contesters who regularly enter our sprints will slow down to YOUR speed to help you make your contacts.

If you are not already a member of NAQCC... membership is FREE!  Now is your chance to join the largest QRP CW Club in the world!!  We currently have 6680+ members in: All 50 States - 9 VE Provinces - 93 Countries.  Sign up on the NAQCC website today (http://naqcc.info/) and receive a handsome certificate, with your membership number on it, which is good for life.

Come join us and have a real good time!

72/73 de Dave VA3RJ
NAQCC #0004

for NAQCC