[SECC] Announcement: Maritime QSO Party This Weekend

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Fri May 31 08:13:38 EDT 2013

Elbow to elbow we'll once again be sharing the bands with the Alabama
folks, and the VE1's, VA1's, VE9's and VY2's will be doing the Maritime
QSO Party this weekend. This is our 3rd year to battle QRM, QRN and the
Aurora curtain as it dances over our toqued heads. Thank goodness
Sporadic Es usually graces us with its presence to also make the higher
bands part of our radio playground. Don't tune by – Just work us. It's
ABOOT giving back, eh.

Our snow has finally melted (last week) and we've gingerly emerged from
our Igloos and we're thirsty for the hunt. There is rumour of one guy
who will be fishing-shack rover…..we really should send him a rescue
helicopter Saturday night, as that slab of pack-ice has now slipped away
from shore in the Bay of Fundy. How many counties or wet squares he'll
hit before it melts is anyones guess. WFWL.

Here's your chance to tell us you really do (honest & for real, eh)
appreciate all those rare VE1/VA1, VE9 & VY2 mults you get ALL YEAR LONG
(at absolutely no charge) by getting on and making a few Q;s (or lots of
Q;s??) with little ol' us up here in the NorthEast. (you guys aren't
lyin about always wanting all 3 of these succulent mults up here all the
time ,right?_)

Park your beams NE (or if you are in the PNW, EAST will do just fine);
relax from the comfort of your shacks A/C and give us a nudge. We are
happy to work everyone ! There's even a World plaque to be won, so c'mon
EU's or Carribean stations…what are you waiting for? Grab a slice of
Canadian Maple for your wall and say you have one of the most unique
hunks of wood ever won. We'll even take some of your blandly coloured
strange looking currency and you can sponsor a plaque that better suits
the whims you might have at this very moment. How hard can that be?
(operators are standing by)….Maybe we'll even toss in a slab of Canadian
bacon or a cold one with it? (OK, I was just fibbing about the cold
one..we have them all stashed in the snowbank behind the woodshed for
post contest refreshments)

We really do have some nice (and unusual) plaques to be won and perhaps
other goodies too. There may even be HUGE cash awards !
(OK, not really, no cash……that was my catch-line to help finally reel
you in) All the gory details can be found at:

http://maritimecontestclub.com/maritimeqsoparty.html

Now listen, no lyin, straight up, Word. There won't be as many Rovers
(mobiles) as the FLA QSO party,(how could anyone top THAT?)… however
there will be some folks out with our dogsleds or sea kayaks, myself
included and we'll be crossing the tundra or paddling between the
icebergs and putting a signal into your radio device as best as we
can.(frozen coax is more efficient, right?) Some of our aerials may
develop radial ice as we traverse the vast expanses of counties up here
that are as large as LX, C3 or Rhode Island, but let that not freeze
your spirits…we'll be there to listen for your calls. Strain your ear
for ours.

We've chosen some frequencies away from the EU FD and the AL QSO party
to help you better hunt us down like the prey we intend to be.
Us Maritimers make a special point to play in MANY of the QSO parties
all year long, to give out OUR rare mult to you fellas south
of the border, always for the low low price of NUTTIn' ;-). Tell us you
still remember who we are.

A few minor rule changes this year.(12 hour format, vs. 15 the past 2
years….sleddogs need fed more than once a day)

If you are a VHF operator, we do 6m & 2m and there are some rare squares
up here….I've been told we have skilled ops on the ultrahighs with their
lazers trained on New England awaiting the beeps and bluprs to make a
racket in their speakers.

Rough outline, copied unabashedly from Wa7BNM….but really, just see link
above for all the gory details and pix of plaques and whatnot.

Come one, come all, family friendly !

Maritimes QSO Party: 1200Z-2400Z, Jun 1
Mode: CW, Phone
Bands: 160, 80, 40, 20, 15, 10, 6, 2m
Classes: Fixed Single Op (CW/Phone/Mixed)
Mobile/Rover
Multi-Op
Exchange: MAR: county
non-MAR: (state/province/country/)
Work stations: Once per band per mode per county
QSO Points: 1 point per phone QSO
2 points per CW QSO
Bonus: 100 points per QSO with VE9MCC, VA1MCC, or VY2MCC
Multipliers: MAR: Each state, province, DXCC country once per band per mode
non-MAR: Each MAR county once per band per mode
Score Calculation: Total score = (total QSO points x total mults) +
bonus points
Submit logs by: July 1, 2013
E-mail logs to: va1mcc[at]rac[dot]ca
Mail logs to: Bruce Wade
1610 Cow Bay Rd.
Cow Bay, NS B3G 1L1
Canada
Find rules at: http://www.maritimecontestclub.com/images

Mike VE9AA
Now QSLing for the very first time via VE3IKV www.qrz.com

Mike, Coreen & Corey
Keswick Ridge, NB

__._,_.___
	Reply to sender
<mailto:ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca?subject=Re%3A%20HEY-%20It%27s%20The%20Maritime%20QSO%20Party%20-%20this%20Saturday%20%21hmmm%2C%20interesting%2E%20%2E%20%2E%20eh>
	Reply to group
<mailto:qsopartygroup at yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20HEY-%20It%27s%20The%20Maritime%20QSO%20Party%20-%20this%20Saturday%20%21hmmm%2C%20interesting%2E%20%2E%20%2E%20eh>
	Start a New Topic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/qsopartygroup/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdGpzcnBxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4MDQ1NTk4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNjk5NjU1ODM->
	Messages in this topic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/qsopartygroup/message/651;_ylc=X3oDMTMzZnRpdmdvBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4MDQ1NTk4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAM2NTEEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMzY5OTY1NTgzBHRwY0lkAzY1MQ-->
(1)

Recent Activity:
Visit Your Group
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/qsopartygroup;_ylc=X3oDMTJmOWI4Y2t1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4MDQ1NTk4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEzNjk5NjU1ODM->