[SECC] SS CW AA4GA Single Op QRP

Lee Hiers lee.hiers at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 22:12:08 EST 2013

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: AA4GA
Class: Single Op QRP
Operating Time (hrs): 16

------------
   80:   87
   40:  142
   20:   91
   15:   73
   10:   13
------------

I didn't operate this one as much as I'd hoped to in the days leading up to
the
contest.  I got back later than planned from a hamfest, and started out
tired.
I didn't get a chance to put up a second antenna that had fallen, and never
was
really into it.  On top of that, it was the first time I've ever tried
logging
on the Mac.  I was using RUMPed...it's not a *bad* program, but being used
N1MM, I found it lacking a good bit.  I actually took time to install Linux
and
XP on VMs on the Mac while I was operating, trying to get TR-Linux or N1MM
work on the Mac, but I just didn't have the time to troubleshoot it...I
should
have one of them going by CQWW!  I don't think I plan on making RUMPed my
contest logger of choice now that I've got a Mac...

Missed VE2, and I heard VE2AWR several times calling others...so a QRP sweep
still eludes me.  Mebbe next year!

KX-3 at 5 watts to 80m doublet up 40 to 45 feet.

CW SS is still the best contest there is!