[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score 2013 ARRL SS CW

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Sun Nov 3 23:12:31 EST 2013

                     ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   160:    0
    80:   68
    40:  629
    20:  269
    15:  118
    10:   40
------------

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee.  Came home from out of
town for several days.  Antenna switch had failed Tuesday night.  Found an old
antenna switch that worked OK.  Found and fixed a RF problem that had cause the
computer to lock up key down when using high power on 80M.  Problem was a bad
splitter.  Listened to Mercer University football game. They beat Davidson to
go 8-1 so far in their first season playing football since 1941.  Band
conditions seemed pretty good on all bands and noise was low relative to what I
usually experience.  Only problem and it was a bad one with the logging
computer, an old IBT Think Pad.  Seems to have a problem with either the power
supply or the battery (which was new about a year ago).  If anyone has an old
IBM Think Pad that they aren't using any more, I'd like to try a different
power supply on this computer that I am using so I can use the simpler NA and
CT or CTWIN logging programs.  The computer crashed at last 23 times,  And with
an hour to go, I couldn't get it to come back up.  I knew what the next serial
number was to be and logged the last 35 QSOs on paper.  After using the paddle
for all information, I set up some memories in the old MFJ Grandmaster memory
keyer and that made it a bit easier, although it is only supposed to
"repeat" memory one and it was repeating memory two also, and I had
to remember to "escape" before it started sending while the calling
station was sending information.  Maybe I'll get set up for SO2R again by next
year to avoid the boredom and hard work of Sunday afternoon when there are so
few QSOs to be made.  Thanks for all QSOs.  Look for myself, KU8E, K1XM, W1UE,
and PJ4LS in CQWW CW as PJ4A later this month.  My first SS was in 1955.  It's
still fun.  73, John, K4BAI.

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at:http://www.3830scores.com/