[SECC] CQWW CW W4QO SOSB(A)/10 QRP

Jim Stafford qrp at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 25 12:08:22 EST 2013

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W4QO
Operator(s): W4QO
Station: W4QO

Class: SOSB(A)/10 QRP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  238    25      89
------------------------------

WOW! Decided that since 10M had been open so much lately, I would go single
band ASSISTED QRP.  I was not disappointed.  I knew I could not put in a
full
weekend to this so this influenced my decision.  Wall to wall sigs at
times.
And LOUD!  Totally S&P so 24 per hour was not bad.  I was shooting for 100
countries and that is what I concentrated on. But 89 is not bad for
QRP.  Used
a 3 element yagi at 60' and 4.8 watts to KX3.  I have a pretty high SWR
down in
the CW band; something like 4:1 but the internal tuner made the rig happy.
Antenna is 260' from the shack to the top of the tower.  1/2" 75 ohm
hardline most of the way.  Also used the 80M loop at 75' for stations out of
the beam heading by a great deal. It was fun, tailending folks like N4GG and
NQ4I once or twice.  Thanks to all for digging me out; however, I would say
that the "fill" rate was only about 5 percent.  Missed Guam, Costa
Rica and Paraguay as pileup too large. Worked some pretty weak ones when
they
weren't busy.