[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score CWT 0300Z 10/10/13

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Thu Oct 10 08:35:59 EDT 2013

                     CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Oct 10

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 1.0

   160:   0      0
    80:  40     18
    40:  35     32
    20:   6      6
    15:   0      0
    10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  81     56  Total Score = 4,536

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee.  10 and 15 seemed dead
at the start, but I had been able to QSO W8FJ on 15M on a QSY shortly before
03Z.  20M was as bad as I remember it at that hour, with almost every QSO a
struggle and most were scatter or ground wave stations in the fourth call area.
  K6NV had a strong signal and WJ9B was persistent.  NA8V was a pleasant
surprise.  Did not hear W8FJ despite our pre-contest QSOs on 20 and 15.  40M
was also poor. Most east coast stations south of New England were watery with
echos if perceptible at all.  F6HKA and F5IN were strong as usual and a nice
surprise was UR5MM on 40.  Another nice surprise with a good signal was Vidi,
ZS1EL.  Most west coast signals were fair except for W6SX, who was weaker than
usual and I couldn't hear KU7Y's QRP signal which had been OK on 20M, but no
QSO there.  80M seemed pretty good except that west coast stations other than
WJ9B, which is not exactly west coast, were weak to none.  F5IN was strong on
80 and a nice surprise was XE2S at the end.  The rate on 80 held up until the
last minute when there were no more QSOs, so I didn't try 160M, trying to
maximize multipliers  Non-members worked were:  VE3KP, KB0KIE, K0ZR, K8NYG, and
XE2S.  Thanks for all QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at:http://www.3830scores.com/