[SECC] Fwd: SCQP N4XL Single Op Fixed LP

Kevan Nason knason00 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 23:51:54 EDT 2013

                    South Carolina QSO Party

Call: N4XL
Operator(s): N4XL
Station: N4XL

Class: Single Op Fixed LP
QTH: Greenwood
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

  160:      2        1
   80:     28       31
   40:     59       77
   20:     71      142
   15:      2       16
   10:      1       14
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
------------------------
Total:    163      281  Mults = 85  Total Score = 51,595

Thanks to all the people who heard my plea to work "Anybody, anywhere. Just
give me a call and give me some points." Many took the time to do just that
and I am appreciative.

Took a couple near lightening strikes a couple years ago and my rig hasn't
been
right since.  Really acting up this go round. Needs an alignment bad.  If it
wasn't for my feeling we needed more SC people to support the contest I
would
have called it quits early on. Constant juggling of IF shifts and carrier
insertion points the entire time. And receiver performance degradation in
the
presence of strong signals gave me a bad headache. Often times fiddling with
the menu system in the FT1000MP or trying to read up on things that I might
try
to fix it when people came back.  Seems like every time John, K4BAI, called
me
that's what I was doing and I ended up putting his call in the wrong field
of
N1MM. Sorry to break your rhythm John.

The voice keyer quit too. That wasn't too bad as I have been wanting to
spend
more time on CW.

Switched back and forth between the contest and DX logs in N1MM to give a
station SC on WARC bands and that caused a logging glitch. Also took time
to do
a couple short normal non-contest qso's to promote good will.

Had fun -- which is the whole point!