[SECC] New Member: AA4CF

Greg - N3ZL n3zl.radio at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 19:43:11 EDT 2013

Hello SECCers,

Please join me in welcoming Charlie Fox, AA4CF, to the club.

Here is what Charlie had to say about himself:

Hi, I recently had the pleasure of meeting Hal Kennedy in person, N4GG, and
he told me about SECC, so I would like to join.  I enjoy CW and  I try to
participate in all of the big contests, when I can find the time.  I am
currently working for Hewlett Packard as a program manager in IT Telecom.
 My station set up is humble though, an Icom 756 Pro II, Ameritron 811H Amp
using 4 562B tubes for about 500 Watts with the QSK accessory for full
break in.  About a year and a half ago I got a Spiderbeam Kit for my 50th
birthday present, and have it on a small, tiltable tower, only about 30'
high.  I live in a subdivision but the back yard is along the woods, which
allows me to have low wire loops for 80M, 40M, and 2 Delta loops up about
70' that I use also for 30M through 10M.  I can also work 160M by combining
80 and 40 loops. I make use of 450 ohm ladder line for tuning the loops to
50 ohms.  I added a K9AY loop this summer, really looking forward to using
it.  I also enjoy DXing and experimentation especially with antennas.  I
got my first license at the age of 13 in 1974.

Welcome to the club Charlie, I look forward to working you in many upcoming
contests!

73 de Greg N3ZL
SECC Secretary