[SECC] ARRL 160 W4IX SOLP Assisted

John Colyard via SECC secc at contesting.com
Sat Dec 6 21:21:09 EST 2014

                 ARRL160 Summary Sheet

       Start Date : 2014-12-05

    CallSign Used : W4IX
      Operator(s) : W4IX

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP
             Band : 160M
            Power : LOW
             Mode : CW
 Default Exchange : SC
       Gridsquare : EM84WX

             Name : John Colyard
          Address : 490 Silver Thorne Drive
   City/State/Zip : Wellford  SC  29385
          Country : USA

     ARRL Section : SC
        Club/Team : South East Contest Club
         Software : N1MM Logger V13.10.2

        Band    QSOs    Pts  Sec
         1.8     843    1704   81
       Total     843    1704   81

            Score : 138,024
              Rig : FT-1000 MP

         Antennas : Inv L, 3 Rcv Antennas

          Soapbox : I had to leave early Sunday morning for a business trip to Tuscon, AZ so I only had limited time to play. I ran the first 12 hrs of the contest ( Friday night ) until 1000Z when things were just so slow and everyone on skimmer was a dupe so I pulled the plug. Started up at 2100Z Saturday and things were extremely slow for a couple hours...picked up just a little at darkness but I knew I had to leave soon so I just picked at skimmer until everyone was a dupe and pulled the plug. So I had 700 Q's in 12 hours and 143 Q's in 4 1/2 hours...Did manage to work a few DX stations...PJ2,KP2,XE2, G & I.  M5O called me and I worked G4IIY and IQ9IU (who had a tremendous signal ). Also got KH6LC but missed KL7 for WAS. Missed EB, SB and PR. Also missed SK, NL & NWT. I put up a new Inverted L out in the woods and the vertical section is approx. 75 feet up and at the base of the tree, the ground slopes down approx. 25 feet so it seems to be in a good location. Have 14 radials installed. I also have a 350 foot terminated east beverage. A 300 foot unterminated free wire to the NE, and a 900 foot unterminated beverage to the NW. All 3 RCV Antennas payed off. Even though the band was extremely quiet, it helped pull out the weak ones from overcrowded frequencies. Did anyone on the East Coast experience the awesome W6/W7 land condx? I thought they were awesome....would have been incredible if I had an Amplifier!!

I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
  established for amateur radio in my country. My report is
  correct and true to the best of my knowledge. I agree to be
  bound by the decisions of the Contest Committee.

  Date : 2014-12-07        Signature : John Colyard

John Colyard
Tandem Communications
Director of Installations