[SECC] CQWW CW AA4LR SOSB(A)/80 LP

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Sun Dec 7 19:45:38 EST 2014

                   CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SOSB(A)/80 LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 5

 160:
  80:  57     12       36
  40:
  20:
  15:
  10:
------------------------------
Total:  57     12       36  Total Score = 7,248

Antennas:
160/80/40m Trap Inverted L up 10m
80/40m Trap Dipole up 10m

Equipment:
Elecraft K3/100 w/ KAT3 running 100 watts

Comments:

Thought I was going out of town, but ended up staying home in any case. Couldn't commit to go to NQ4I, and had a crazy weekend schedule. So, I ended up with a few hours to hand out some contacts and try to get a few more confirmations on 80m for DXCC.

Inverted-L works pretty well for DX, but by 0500z, the dipole was just as effective. Of course, lots of stations couldn't hear my pipsqueak station at all.

I ran assisted, because I was also watching dx spots for W1AW-portable stations. Best moment was finding KG4LB before he was spotted. That would be a new one for me on 80m.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
           -- Wilbur Wright, 1901