[SECC] Announcement: 2014 BC QSO Party, Feb. 1, 2014

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Fri Jan 3 08:39:51 EST 2014

Hello BCQP 2013 Participants

Rebecca VA7BEC here, contest coordinator for the British Columbia QSO Party.

First of all, Happy New Year! It was nice to hear many of you in RAC
Winter this past Friday-Saturday. Hope 2014 brings better band
conditions and lots of good DX and contest results.

Sorry for the form letter but the list of past participants in BCQP gets
longer each year -- a wonderfully good thing! -- and I thought it would
be more efficient to send the invitation to everyone at once. Some of
you may already have received the broadcast through your local club(s),
but I want to cover all bases and keep everyone in the loop. :)

BCQP 2014 is coming up soon -- February 1, 2013 local time -- and I hope
you will add this event to your calendar if you haven’t done so already.

*February 1, 8am to 8pm PST (1600z Feb 1 to 0400z Feb 2)*

There are no rule changes, but if you need to remind yourself of the
details or want to download multiplier lists, helpful hints, multi-party
log sheets and more, please visit http://orcadxcc.org/bcqp.html , and if
you haven’t read the post-event report for BCQP 2013, it’s still
available at http://www.orcadxcc.org/content/bcqp_2013_report.pdf .

As always, in BCQP, top scores in every class receive a *one-of-a-kind
certificate* *showcasing beautiful BC* -- different design every year --
and we send out *a cool Orca trinket* (for BCQP 2013, a fridge magnet)
with certificates. In addition, the sponsors of the inaugural plaque
program have pledged their support again for 2014 so we will be able
to*award plaques in the following categories: Top BC Score, Top YL
Score, Top Score Canada Outside BC, Top US Score, and Most Electoral
Districts Contacted. *In addition, we have *two new plaque categories
this year: Rookie and DX*.

I hope you will join Orca DXCC in BCQP 2014. A(nother) whale of a good
time awaits! If you have any questions, email me. If I don't know the
answer, I'll find someone who does.

73,
Rebecca VA7BEC
Contest Coordinator, BCQP, Orca DXCC