[SECC] Reminder: Special CWOps CWT Mini Tests Wednesday (20 WPM Speed Limit)

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Jun 10 10:30:09 EDT 2014

Another group of eager CW Academy students has graduated. Our task is to
help them take the next step to becoming on-the-air CW operators. Let's
help the tentative make the jump to full-fledged CW aficionados.

We will celebrate with Very Special CWops Tests tomorrow. We are
inviting and encouraging graduates to participate. Our goal is to hook
them by providing a welcoming, friendly opportunity to use their new CW
skills.

Very Special CWops Tests at 1300Z and 1900Z and Thursday at 0300Z. You
don't have to be a CWops member or CW Academy graduate--everyone welcome.

http://www.cwops.org/cwt.html

Exchange is NAME and CWops Number. Or, if not (yet) a CWops member, your
STATE/PROVINCE/DX PREFIX. CW Academy graduates, both new and old, are
invited to send NAME CWA.

CWops Test suggested frequencies are 28 to 38 kHz up from band edges,
plus or minus as activity dictates. As always, please be particularly
considerate of ongoing QSOs, DXpeditions, and W1AW portable operations.

Guidelines for Very Special CWTs.

1. Everyone limit speed to 20 WPM maximum. Even when you are working
someone you normally work at 30 WPM, please send no faster than 20 WPM.
When you answer someone CQing at less than 20 WPM, answer at his speed.
When someone answers your 20 WPM CQ at a slower speed, match his speed.

2. Thank stations by name.

3. If appropriate, help stations by explaining CWT exchange.

5. If someone wants to rag chew, rag chew for a bit.

6. Send lots of FBs and other encouragement.

7. Us working us--we do that all the time. Please make a special effort
to work the new guys.

8. Send a welcoming QSL card or email to each new station worked.

The graduates are our new blood. They are the hams who will carry on the
CW tradition. Let's make a very special effort to get on and make the
graduates feel welcome. Let's infect them with the CW bug.

The first rule of CW is to have fun and to share the fun.

CW Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

CWops Tests Manager

Posted by: Hank Garretson <w6sx at arrl.net>
New Topic 	• 	Messages in this topic (8)
Visit Your Group

     New Members 3

Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use