[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score CWOps Club CWT Mini Test, 6/12/14, 0300Z

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Thu Jun 12 08:40:12 EDT 2014

                     CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jun 12

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 1.0

   160:   0      0
    80:   0      0
    40:   0      0
    20:  66     66
    15:   0      0
    10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  66     66  Total Score = 4,356

FT1000MP, Alpha 91b, 1 KW, TH6DXX.  Before 0300Z, I checked 15 meters and heard
only one unidentified "TEST" station, so I decided to start on 20
meters.  I've never heard 20M any better in a CWT Mini Test (when I was at my
home QTH and not on Bonaire) than it was last night.  Good strong signals and
an endless number of callers from US and Europe.  In fact, I continued after
0400Z giving out a few QSOs to those who continued to call.  I have decided,
mostly from Bonaire, that, when responding to DX non-members the best technique
to get them to give you their name is to answer with their call "599 OP
JOHN NR 76."  Most of them will give their name back, but some have to be
prompted (and some several times).  The rate drops, of course, but if you just
continue with your normal Name Nr exchange most of them won't giver their names
on the first over.  Some seem to catch on more quickly and those would be the
best candidates for membership probably.  Staying on one band has always been
recognized as the best tactic to maximum your score in CWT, but usually the
rate drops and it isn't practical.  Last night I ran on one frequency for the
whole hour, a real pleasant experience.  If only we could have similar
conditions for CWOpen.  Thanks for all QSOs and welcome to any CWA graduates
who were QRV.  73, John, K4BAI.

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at:http://www.3830scores.com/