[SECC] Reminder NCCC NS Ladder Tonight

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Thu May 1 15:11:57 EDT 2014

Remember to be there tonight for NS Ladder Week 4 0230-3000Z four bands
(but no 15m).

This has been a great ladder, with excellent propagation on all bands
(but a bit location dependent for 160 as expected).

We're close to a 40-station average, far above the minimum needed to
preserve rate without same band dupes.

I'll be there tonight, again trying to out-score N3ZZ . . Tom and I tied
last week and we even beat the Locust.

I had thought the NS was a high-speed cw contest until I listened, last
night accidentally to some Russian contest (RCC, or maybe WMES??) with
hundreds of R's and UA's exchanging signal reports and various numbers,
mostly "29" or "30".  RCC was often part of the exchange.  Speeds were
in usually around 40wpm with few exceptions.  It was as if every station
was NO3M.

73 Bill n6zfo