[SECC] N4GG Shack Clean-out

Hal KEnnedy halken at comcast.net
Sat May 31 10:22:02 EDT 2014

It's taken years to get around to starting this.  Here is round #1 of the
N4GG shack clean-out.  If you want any of these items, I will be at the
Atlanta Hamfest next Saturday which is a good place to hand-off.  Everyone
is always welcome up here at Woodstock as well.  Anything not sold to club
members will go to eHam next week at higher prices.....

MFJ-731 Tunable RF Filter 1-30 MHz.  These are often used between MFJ
antenna analyzers and large antennas to keep broadcast and other signals
from giving distorted readings or no reading at all.  MFJ new price $100.
This one is new in the box, complete with instructions.  Never used.  $50.

MFJ-854 Clip on RF current meter.  These are great for getting the current
in radials equalized and for hunting down RFI and stray RF paths.  MFJ new
price:  $80.  This one is new in the box with instructions, never used.
$40.

MFJ-259 Antenna Analyzer.  Note this is not the 259B, a more capable box.
Meanwhile the 259 is a very useful tool for tuning up antennas.  These sold
for $260 from MFJ and now go for $120-$175 on eBay.  This one works great
but is in rough shape.  The case and display have obvious scratches.  You
will need 4 AA batteries to run it in the field - it comes with an AC power
adapter for use in the shack.  The adapter will also charge internal NiCads
which is how I always used it.  With the original manual and box.     Covers
1.8 to 170 MHz.  If you have no analyzer, this will get you started.  $50.

Ameco PLF-2 preamp.  These are great for that low noise low band antenna you
are thinking of putting up.  K9AY loop, etc.  Covers 1.8 to 54 MHz.  This
one is clean and used for many years.  I have made a few simple mods:
Internal RF routing is now via coax - it was just bare wire.  An RF choke
has been added to the AC line.  Works great.  $25.

Drake MN75 Antenna Tuner - like new with original manual.  These are highly
sought after and bring $125 and up on eBay.  Handles 300W - people always
ran them higher (you are on your own).  4 position antenna switching, built
in accurate power meter and SWR bridge rated to match 5:1 SWR.  Built like a
tank.  $75.

Drake WH7 Wattmeter.  Power meter and SWR bridge - like new with original
manual.  These run $130-$140 on eBay.  $70.

Drop me an email or give me a call:  770-924-4571.

73,

Hal N4GG