[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score 2014 SS CW Contest

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Sun Nov 2 23:13:24 EST 2014

                     ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
   160:    0
    80:   42
    40:  489
    20:  528
    15:   55
    10:   23
------------

FT1000MP, Alpha 91b, 1 KW, TH6DXX, zepp, dipole, inverted vee.  Band condtions
pretty good on 80 through 10M.  80M seemed a bit weak to the west coast.  Never
heard NL or NT.  Had a lot of problems Saturday with my amplifier.  Some RF
feedback was getting into the protection circuit and shutting it down
frequently.  Operated for a while barefoot.  Then figured out that the problem
almost never occurs if I turn off the QSK.  I feel QSK is very important in
contests, particularly SO1R.  But, it was better to have the amp and no QSK
since I had started in the High Power class.  Thanks for all QSOs.  Nice to
hear a lot of fairly recently licensed ops QRV this year.  Some of this is, no
doubt, due to the CW Teaching program of the CWOps Club.  A few more QSOs this
year than last and I operated the whole 24 hours last year.  This year, we had
high winds and were without electrical power for about an hour and 40 minutes
Sunday morning.  73, John, K4BAI.

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at:http://www.3830scores.com/